Rachel Lawson began her career as a traditional college and university classroom instructor of writing, linguistics, and literature. She later worked as an online higher education administrator, during which time she wrote and edited fully online courses in a variety of fields, in subjects as diverse as psychology, speech, clinical medical assisting, medical office procedures, business administration, human resources, construction management, project management, and more. She mentored faculty in the best of online teaching techniques, and coached adult learners who sometimes had little previous academic experience, much less experience in online education, which requires a lot of writing even in fields where writing isn’t common. All this experience honed Rachel’s ability to mentor others in the best of written communication styles, appropriate to the specific audience the writer is trying to reach.
Along the way, she acted as both volunteer and paid editor for writers in various genres, including academic publications, sports manuals, business documents, as well as religious and fiction and nonfiction.
Christian Print and EBook Editing
Adult and Children’s Titles
Rachel now specializes in the genre of Christian and spiritual/religious manuscripts, including children’s books, memoirs, devotionals, and larger theological works. However, she is a generalist who also edits for academics and businesses. She has edited research papers for journal submission and publication, newsletters, press releases, sports manuals, and authors’ books both self-published and published by small publishers.
Rachel’s work as an editor for three Christian publishers has now reached 30+ books. She ghostwrites author bios, back cover copy of books, and author websites.
Rachel invites all writers, but is especially interested in supporting the efforts of Christian and spiritual/religious writers, pastors and theologians, mystics, memoirists, and children’s and young adult book authors. With Rachel, you can prepare to publish your unique voice in a polished, professional manner.
Ebook Formatting Service
Rachel also designs and formats book interiors for print or eBook distribution.
Christian Nonfiction Titles:
• Clayton, Ian. Down to Business. Son of Thunder Publications, 2019.
• Ellinas, Marios. Tables and Platforms: Forging Integrity and Character for a Life of Influence. Son of Thunder Publications, 2019.
• Martinez, Sandra M. I’m a “Murderer” Saved by Grace: Keys to Spiritual Healing After Abortion. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2019.
• Smith, Aaron. The Big Reveal: Part I. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2019.
• Ellinas, Marios. Weaponized Honor: Tactical Love. Son of Thunder Publications, 2018.
• Govan, Alena. Dear God, What About Me? A Thirty-Day Devotional for the Single Christian Woman. A Singles Living 4 Him Publication, 2018.
• Johnson, Ian. What is Mankind? A journey towards discovering who you really are. His Amazing Glory Media, 2018.
• Smith, Aaron, Teresa Bowen, Elizabeth Corley, Y.A. Butler, & Daniel Cook. Friends of Eber: A Reference Guide to the Living Letters of the Hebrew Alphabet. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2018.
• Dent, Leah. Out of Egypt: Into Your Inheritance. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2017.
• Hardy, Stacey. Accessing Heaven: Experience the Lord’s Presence. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2017.
• Jones, Timothy. Extreme Sheep: Experiencing Listening Prayer. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2017.
• Bowen, Teresa. Zadok: The New…Old Order. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2016
• Smith, Aaron. Come Up Here: The Place of Our Original Intent. Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2016.
• Mahoney, Samantha. The Everyday Awesome Adventures of the O’Reillys: Onward Into the Mountain (Book Two). Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2019.
• Summers, Amanda & Kay Summers. Aven on Earth. United Kingdom: Son of Thunder Publications, 2018. (Also interior designer)
• Aleph Bet Story. Son of Thunder Publications, 2018. (Proofreader, eBook formatter; children’s book.)
• Four Faces of God and Father’s Garden, My Garden. Son of Thunder Publications, 2018. (Proofreader, eBook formatter; children’s book.)
• The River of Life. Son of Thunder Publications, 2018. (Proofreader, eBook formatter; children’s book.)
• Mahoney, Samantha. The Everyday Awesome Adventures of the O’Reillys: The Kingdom Quest Begins (Book One). Mobile, AL: Scrolls of Zebulon, 2018.
Teresa Bowen, author of Zadok: The New…Old Order, The Fourth Wheel Story: New Creation Man, and co-author of Friends of Eber: A Reference Guide to the Living Letters of the Hebrew Alphabet
By far, Rachel stands apart in her skill to bring out the strength in a writer, taking the writer from competent to virtuosic in execution. She takes her work seriously and looks in depth at the content and keeps the writer’s heart and voice in mind throughout the project. I am pleased with my finished product: I can stand confident that my book is a must read.
Alena Govan, author of Dear God, What About Me? A 30-Day Devotional for Single Women
Rachel was my editor for my first book. This woman was phenomenal. She went above and beyond in aiding me with the publication of my book. For instance, she offered resources on how to effectively publish and market my book. Her friendly personality made working with her so much fun. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for an editor.
Wayne Mendezona, author of Quick Handle: Box “D” One-on-One and Quick Handle: The Total Point Guard
Rachel deserves so much credit in handling the tedious work of editing this book. She did a fantastic job taking my thoughts and ideas and putting them into a format that would make sense. She challenged me to bring out the ideas that were deep inside and work to give these thoughts a direction that would inspire the readers. She has been very committed to detail and the excellence needed to complete the goal.
Leah Dent, author of Out of Egypt: Into Your Inheritance
Rachel’s patience in the editing process was truly appreciated. She pulled the best out of me and helped enhance the overall quality of my book.
Stacey Hardy, author of Accessing Heaven: Experience the Lord’s Presence
Rachel took my diamond in the rough and made it shine. As she cut and polished the manuscript, the brilliance of what Yahweh wanted to reveal came into greater clarity and began to shine.
LaTrynnda Cunningham Hollins, author of Awaken Fabulous
I found it quite refreshing to have Rachel work closely with me on my book project. She presented innovative ideas and strategies that yielded a product that I was proud to present to the public. I highly recommend her for your professional needs.