David has worked as a writer, editor, publisher, journalist, screenwriter, blogger, copyeditor, copywriter, art director, and proofreader for almost 20 years. He has written, co-written and edited over 40 published books, both fiction and non-fiction. He has also written, co-written, and/or directed a dozen films and has shepherded dozens of writers through the editing and publishing process.
David’s areas of specialty include Christian fiction and nonfiction, science fiction and fantasy, literary fiction, screenplays, creative nonfiction, business writing, how-to/self-help, autobiography and historical fiction. His clients appreciate his extensive knowledge of story structure, his attention to detail, his knowledge and experience of the marketplace and his friendly, honest approach.
Services offered: Writing, Ghostwriting, Manuscript Evaluation, Developmental/Substantive Editing, Copyediting, Proofreading, Book Proposal Development.
Sandra is an editor, proofreader, and indexer with more than 20 years of experience in the publishing industry. She has edited or proofread more than 300 published books. She has extensive experience in Christian publishing and has worked on books in nearly every area of the field, including devotionals, Bible commentaries, self-help topics, Bible dictionaries, young adult works, and fiction, including romance, mystery, historical, thriller, courtroom drama, and Amish.
From helping the author to mold the bigger picture to perfecting the details of grammar and punctuation, she covers every aspect of the editing process, bringing a polish to each work.
BA in Theology / MA in Journalism—Professional Writing: Fiction
You’re sitting at your computer, smiling, feeling an incredible sense of satisfaction in your heart. After more hours than you can count, you’ve finally finished your novel – a story from deep within your soul that you want to share with the world.
But then the questions start hitting your mind: Is it the very best that it can be? Will anyone even want to read it? What should I do with it now?
With nearly twenty years of experience as an editor, John David understands the gamut of feelings that comes with getting your novel from your hard drive and into print. That’s why he’d love to partner with you in getting your novel to the next level …
- Manuscript Critique – With a detailed evaluation document and annotated comments/suggestions throughout your manuscript, find out how you can make your good book even better.
- Content Editing – Guidance and hands-on editorial help in reorganizing and revising your story to make it even more powerful and engaging. Includes two rounds of editorial review.
- Copyediting – Line-by-line editing to take care of grammar, word usage, tone, format, and more. Includes two rounds of editorial review.
- Proofreading – A final polish to clean up typos, inconsistencies, misspellings, and punctuation problems. Includes two rounds of editorial review.
- Ghostwriting – Crafting of a book-length manuscript using existing material from author. Also includes a follow-up copyedit. (NOTE: Ghostwriting available for Christian living/spirituality book projects only.)